The Organs of Oliwa Cathedral
Introduction History Stop list Concerts Multimedia Discography
 
  Pictures
  Videos



Picture gallery
 
Click on the thumbnails to see picture in full size

View on the organ case at Oliwa cathedral with stained glas window being well visible. Picture taken at long time exposure.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the case of the main organ and the positive underneath the arc.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the northern facade of the organ case.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the southern facade of the organ case.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The choir organ in the southern transept of Oliwa cathedral with the organ case from 1680.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The positive with its case pipes coming from St. Catherine's Chruch.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the case from choir gallery.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
Wood carving surrounding the stained glass window.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
A rotating sun (Stella) on the north facade of the organ case.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The same sun seen from behind.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
Engaging the appropiate stop on the console causes this arm to move.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The swimming main below located in a chamber behind the organ and over the vaults of the northern aisle of the cathedral.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the 32-feet pipes from the Contraprinzipal stop located on the back wall on the southern facade, left of the stained glass window.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the 200-years old case pipes of the northern facade from within the case.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
More "behind-the-scenes" details from the northern facade.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The wall of the southern facade and the access door underneath the stained glass window.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
The stained glass Holy Mary window up close.
Picture taken in January 2005 with kind permission of Prof. Roman Perucki.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
Console made by J. Goebel for the irgans at Oliwa Cathedral. It was taken out of use in 1966.
Picture taken in January 2005.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
Front view of the small organ at Skokloster church in Sweden. The origin of the organ cannot be fully determined. This instrument was possibly built in 1580 in Oliwa and taken to Skokloster in 1655 during the Swedish attack on Poland.
However it is also possible that the organ was built around 1667 by Joachim Richborn from Hamburg.
Picture taken in May 2005.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
Close up view of the organ. Clearly visible are the old and renewed pipes inside the organ as well as the manuals with short octave and the stop knowbs.
Picture taken in May 2005.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the symetrically alligned pipes on the other side of the positive.
Picture taken in May 2005.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  
View on the organ in Skokloster with closed doors.
Picture taken in May 2005.
© 2005 www.gdanskie-organy.com
  Back to top of page  



Movie gallery
 
Click on the thumbnails to listen to the audio file

Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wely (1817 - 1869)
Boléro de Concert, op. 168
Performed by: Roman Perucki

Clip format 16:9
Best viewed in Windows Media Player
(c) 2006 www.gdanskie-organy.com
File size: 39.3 MB
  Back to top of page  
Annonymus
Dance Suite from Oliwa Organ Tabulature (1619)
Performed by: Roman Perucki

Clip format 16:9
Best viewed in Windows Media Player
(c) 2006 www.gdanskie-organy.com
File size: 27.4 MB
  Back to top of page  



© Copyright 2004 - 2017 by Gdańskie Organy
No content from this site can be copied, published or linked without our written permission. All Rights Reserved.